DODGE M601 POWER WAGON
The Dodge Power Wagon is a four-wheel drive medium duty truck that was produced in various model series from 1945 to 1980 by Dodge.
The M601, or Special Power Wagon, was ordered from the Chrysler Corporation in the mid or latter part of the 1950's. The first of two technical manuals on the truck, TM9-8854 ("Operation, 1 ton Special Power Wagon Truck"), was published on 18 October 1957. The title of TM9-885, "Ordnance Maintenance, Cargo Truck M601 (modified M37), suggests that an alternative was needed to the military-spec Dodge M37. The M601 was distributed to foreign militaries through the Military Defense Assistance Program, perhaps because it was less expensive than the M37 or less technologically developed. Unlike the M37, the M601 is a modified civilian vehicle, sharing drive train and much of its sheet metal with the standard T137 Dodge Power Wagon. Initially produced with the six cylinder 230 cubic inch flathead engine, this changed to the 251 flathead in 1961 and finally to the 225 slant six in 1972.
M601's served in the armed forces of Argentina, Denmark, Greece, France, Israel, Mexico, Philippines, Thailand, and doubtless many more.
Some products may bear minor wear on their package and slight alterations in their content (oxidation) due to normal wear but they do not eliminate the usefulness of the product in any case. Moreover, some products may not be stored in their default packages but may have been repackaged.